About Daniel Leightley
Hi, I'm Dan Leightley, a Post Doctoral Research Associate working on a range of big data, machine learning and mobile health projects. I also work in information security, web development and the cloud infrastructure. My focus is on research that is capable of being commercialised at low-cost for real-world applications, which is secure and user friendly.
You can see some of my code in the GitHub repo here.
I completed my PhD at the Biological and Sensory Computation Group at Manchester Metropolitan University where I was supervised by Dr Moi Hoon Yap (Director of Studies) and Dr Jamie S. McPhee. I received an Information and Communications BSc (Hons.) and a Masters in Computing (MSc) from Manchester Metropolitan University in 2011 and 2012, respectively.
I currently work at the King's Centre for Military Health Research as a Post Doctoral Research Associate in Biomedical and Health Informatics.
I am also a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
I have attended research courses and training workshops including Complex Modelling, Deep Learning in the Real World, Assessment in Higher Education, BMVA Summer Schools and NHS Data courses.
I am actively looking for new challenges and opportunities to develop my skillset.
Referee for a number of high-impact journals and conferences, including:
- IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics;
- IEEE Access;
- International Journal of Population Data Science;
- Journal of Biomedical Informatics;
- Journal of Biomechanics;
- Image and Vision Computing;
- Journal of Medical Internet Research mHealth and uHealth;
- Journal of Medical Internet Research Serious Games.
- Measuring Behaviour (2018): Co-Chair Special Session;
- Face and Gesture (2018): Co-Chair Special Session.
- Athena SWAN Diversity & Inclusion and Department Rep. King's College London (2015-2016);
- Athena Swan Self-Assesssment Team. Manchester Metropolitan University (2014-2015);
- Course Representative. Manchester Metropolitan University (2014-2015);
- Developer with Microsoft Developer Preview Program: Kinect One (2013-2014);
- European Modelling Symposium Registration Staff (2013);
- IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Conference Reviewer (2013);
- Student Research Conference Reviewer, Manchester Metropolitan University (2013).
I am based in London, England and can be contacted via my contact page. I'm happy to be emailed about technical queries, research questions and any corrections or suggestions in relation to my work.